Nashmeel worked for the San Mateo Superior Court as a court investigator for five years. Nashmeel also spent part of her career serving on the City of San Jose’s Mayor’s Gang Prevention Task Force, working closely with the San Jose Police Department. She is currently working in the private sector as a compliance manager for a biotechnology company in the bay area.
Nashmeel has served as an associate faculty and lead faculty chair for the College of Criminal Justice and Securities at the University of Phoenix, and has served as a guest lecturer for a variety of criminal justice courses at Ohlone College, Skyline College and Foothill-DeAnza College.
She was responsible for developing curriculum and teaching the following courses:
Ethics In Criminal Justice
Cultural Diversity In Criminal Justice
Juvenile Justice Systems And Processes
Introduction To Criminal Court Systems
She has also co-facilitated ad-hoc courses in report writing and laws of arrest at the POST academy for juvenile correction officers and served as a lead facilitator for the Santa Clara County’s Victim Awareness Program.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Administration of Justice
- Master’s degree in Public Administration from San Jose State University
- POST Basic Officer
- Certificate; Healthcare Compliance Certification from Seton Hall Law School
- POST PC 832 Arrest and Firearms Course.
- Community Engagement- Building Trust
- Nashmeel has been recognized by her peers and students as Faculty of the Year. She also received recognition from the Mayor’s Gang Prevention Task force.