Lt. William Fogarty
William Fogarty’s law enforcement career began over 30 years ago while working for the Millbrae Police Department. He has worked for several different law enforcement agencies including the Millbrae Police Department, University of San Francisco Public Safety Department, San Bruno Police Department, and is currently a Lieutenant with a Northern California Sheriff’s Office.
He began as an instructor in 1996 at the University of San Francisco. He continued teaching at the basic police academy beginning in 2003 covering a wide variety of topics.
He has also been an instructor in numerous classes including: Academy Instructor Certification Course (AICC), Instructor Development Level II, Instructor Development Instructional Technology, Management Class, Report Writing, Investigative Technology, Prison Rape Elimination Act, and more.
He has a large amount of experience building collaborative teams. His vision of changing training from an experience of individual silos to working across Public Safety skill sets is an example of his outside-the-box thinking. He believes in understanding the “why” of organizations while working with the “who” in order to develop a plan of action to move together in success with all communities.
- Masters of Public Administration – University of San Francisco
- Bachelor’s Degree – University of San Francisco
- Graduate – California P.O.S.T. Master Instructor Program
- Graduate – FBI LEEDA
- Graduate – Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design
- Graduate – Emergency Management ICS 100, 200, 300, 400, 700, 800
- Graduate – Los Angeles Police Department Leadership Academy
Continuation of Operations
Team Building Workshops
Prison Rape Elimination Act
Temporary Holding Cells
After Action Reviews
- Service Award, Peninsula Lions Club
- Heroism Award, Peninsula Lions Club
- Rookie Instructor Of The Year, University of Phoenix
- Meritorious Service Award, San Bruno Police Department
- 10851 Award, Two-time recipient, California Highway Patrol
- Patriotic Employer Recipient
- Humanitarian Award, Filipino American Law Enforcement Association