She began as an instructor in 2013 with Training for Safety. She overhauled the in-house, POST certified basic dispatch academy for the San Mateo County Office of Public Safety Communications in 2015 and was a co-instructor for the various learning domains in the two following years. Due to her knowledge and expertise, she was a panel member for the APCO Occupational Analysis for Dispatch Instructors.
In addition to her duties as a 911 dispatcher currently with Foster City Police Department, she works as a dispatcher for Insomniac, working music festivals such as the Electric Daisy Carnival in Las Vegas. As for critical incidents, Heather worked the 1998 Alameda County Fairgrounds shooting, the 2009 Hillsdale High School failed bombing attack, the 2010 San Bruno gas pipeline explosion, the 2013 Asiana flight 214 crash and the 2018 YouTube shooting.
- Masters in Justice Studies with a concentration in Counterterrorism and Homeland Security
- Graduate certificate in Public Administration from Southern New Hampshire University
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law and Society from the University of California Santa Barbara
- FEMA Infrastructure Protection
- Jurisdictional Threat Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment
- Active Shooter/Violent Assailants
- Social Media
- Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs
- Sovereign Citizens
- Customer Service for Dispatchers
- Dispatcher Response to Critical Incidents
- Human Trafficking Awareness
- San Mateo County Communication Managers Association Special Achievement Award – 2015